You’ll surely agree that our very latest wine, English Rosé 2022, is a head-turner. To celebrate summertime, we’re shining a light on this loveable pink. Here’s what you need to know.
- It’s the perfect hue Those of us who love rosé – which is a rapidly growing demographic – have learned through experience that the first bite is with the eyes. Our English Rosé 2022 is a beautiful, blushing, pale, pale pink. This delicate colour is a delicious sensory cue, hinting at the wine’s refreshing and fruit-driven flavours.
- You can judge it by its packaging We’ve created an unashamedly eye-catching bottle for English Rosé 2022. It’s in crystal-clear faceted glass, and topped with a Vinolok stopper (removed with a flick of your thumb rather than a corkscrew). It means the wine’s beautiful colour can take centre-stage – and it also indicates that this is a wine to enjoy in the short-term, rather than one for the cellar.
- This is year-round rosé Of course, English Rosé speaks to long, light-filled summer evenings or leisurely garden lunches. But our Rosé also fits the bill when it comes to the trend for year-round rosé. Thanks to its incredible versatility – with a flavour profile that can match to sweetness, such as baked ham or shellfish, or gentle spice – this style of rosé is a sommelier’s best friend. Its refreshing lick of acidity means it lifts rich dishes or slakes thirst with ease.
- The winemaking credentials are impeccable Yes, it’s stylish – but be in no doubt that this is a wine of substance that deserves its place in the Gusbourne portfolio. Charlie wanted to craft an English interpretation of a Provencal wine, so he blended our Cherry Garden Pinot Noir with a dash of Pinot Meunier. It was fermented in stainless-steel, and a tiny percentage saw oak age.
- It’s our most accessible wine yet Unpretentious, uncomplicated, approachable and effortless: this is a wine which has obvious charm and easy appeal. Simply chill it, open it and enjoy it alongside fuss-free dishes (or just on its own). Flavour-wise, think summer berries, orange zest, a hint of blossom and ginger on the finish and zippy acidity. It’s a wine created for the moment – best enjoyed in the first flush of youth.
Our English Rosé 2022 is available by the bottle or case with complimentary delivery to UK addresses.