We are open daily from 10am to 5pm for you to take a self-guided stroll through the vines to see how to see how the 2020 vintage is developing and to purchase bottles from The Nest cellar door. For the self-guided tour, please register with us at The Nest before setting off. We will give you a map to guide you through the tour route. For our hosted tours, please make sure you book in advance.
We’re pleased to say that you can now enjoy Gusbourne by the glass again when dropping by The Nest. Visit us in Kent to spend an idyllic afternoon sipping Gusbourne wine with the stunning backdrop of our vineyards.
Find out more about the measures we are putting in place below and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Responding To COVID-19
Guidelines last updated on 23rd September 2020.
- Face coverings must be worn by guests at all times when not seated for table service.
- Staff will wear face coverings at all times when communicating with guests.
- Track & Trace QR codes will be prominently displayed for guests to use the NHS COVID-19 app.
- All wine purchases will be made from a specially constructed gazebo located in the Nest Garden.
- We will not be accepting cash and the card terminal will be cleaned immediately after use.
- We have a socially distanced waiting area in the event that you are not able to be served immediately.
- You will be welcomed by a Gusbourne staff member in the gazebo in the Nest Garden, briefed on safety during your walk and provided with a map before you set off.
Hosted Tours & Picnics
- You must pre-book any of our hosted tours, as well as picnics.
- Tours are available at 11:00 from Wednesday - Sunday.
- We have decreased the number of guests admitted on each tour to allow for social distancing.
- All guests should continue to practice social distancing of 2 metres throughout the tour.
- For bookings of 6 or more, guests will be required to separate into groups of 6 or less and maintain 2 metre social distance at all times whilst at Gusbourne. Groups will not be permitted to mix at any time.
- We are now able to offer by the glass tastings and purchases again.
- Our toilets are open and available to guests.
- Government guidelines will be strictly adhered to with regards to cleaning of toilets.
- We are unable to offer access to the winery during this initial reopening phase.
- Hand sanitiser is located for staff and visitor use at the Nest cellar door, on the outside bar and in the welcome gazebo.
- All guests are encouraged to use hand sanitiser on arrival and regularly throughout your time at Gusbourne.
- All surfaces will be sanitised after contact by staff or guests.
- Once open, toilets will be cleaned every 15 minutes by Gusbourne staff. Sanitising wipes will also be made available in our toilets.
- Signage with our safety protocols will be displayed at the entrance to the path from car park, visible to all guests.
- 2-metre spacing will be marked on the path approaching The Nest to ensure safe social distancing.
If you cancel a booking or do not arrive for a scheduled tour booking, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless at our discretion. Bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Any request for a refund or transfer must be made in writing, directed to email@example.com – these are processed at our discretion. If we cancel your tour in its entirety, you will be entitled to a full refund for the purchase price. Tickets will be exchanged or refunded at the price paid for them, but no further compensation will be paid. Picnic bookings may be transferred up to one week prior to booked date, subject to availability. Due to the outdoor nature of these events, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing & footwear for your time at Gusbourne.
All of our protocols will be regularly reviewed and amended to reflect government guidelines and evolving health & safety practices.
Other useful links...
Love London: Five Ideas for a Capital Staycation
We asked our friends at onefinestay to recommend some of their favourite London addresses for a luxurious city break. All near some of our favourite Gusbourne hospitality partners and stockists. A very fine way to show the capital some love.
Winemaking: How It All Begins
How can some grapes growing on a vine eventually come to elevate the everyday into a special occasion? Here's how we turn what happens in the vineyard into what happens in the bottle.
Our Home Village
All fine wines come with a sense of place, the singularity of their origin. In our case, it's the ancient flint and limestone village of Appledore in Kent, a handful of miles north of the English Channel, that adds its character to our sparkling wines. It's a spot worth exploring on your visit to Gusbourne Estate.